The executive team of TXT MAPLE LAKE is led by a team of enthusiastic and experienced businessmen, with a varied but relevant background to help drive the business forward.
Neil Coulton – Senior Director, North America
- Serves as President and CFO on the board.
- Was co-founder of Compass Software, now a part of Torex Retail, a specialist in the merchandise and assortment planning market. Between 1995 and 2000, was responsible for product development and jointly responsible for the management and strategic direction of the business. Was awarded European RAD award from Microsoft in 1998 for the Compass “Range Direction” solution.
- Previously came from a background in retail Merchandise and Store planning , working with Next Plc (UK), ASDA (UK) (now a part of Wal-Mart) and Sears (UK).
- Moved into the technology side of retail in 1992 and worked with a small planning software company, and as an independent planning consultant before forming Compass Software.
- Education: Studied Physics & Economics at the University of Keele (UK).
Stuart Aldridge – Director of Pre-Sales, North America
- Serves as CMO on the board.
- Was a key player in Compass Software (Torex Retail), a specialist in the merchandise and assortment planning market. Between 1997 and 2004, was instrumental in helping grow the business from an 11-employee niche player to a multi-million dollar industry leader. In particular, held responsibility for new customer interaction and overall company positioning. During this period, the company acquired two complementary businesses, was listed on the London Stock Exchange, was awarded four European awards from Microsoft, and was sold to Alphameric plc.
- Previously established a background in retail technology, working with some of the largest retailers in the UK and Europe to deliver new planning solutions at Comshare plc (on Arthur™ planning).
- Began hands-on retail career with the Burton Group (Arcadia), Harrods, and Woolworths plc.
- Education: Honors degree in Retailing and Marketing from Manchester, UK.
Gordon Macdonald – Chief Technology Officer
- Serves as CTO on the board. Responsible for all aspects of product development, quality assurance and technical strategy, covering all products and all markets.
- Was a founding member of the Maple Lake UK team, and heavily involved in all aspects of the company’s growth in the UK and Europe.
- Had previously been a member of the core team at Compass Software (now part of Torex Retail), and was influential in all aspects of solution design and development. As the Director of Development was responsible for building a team of developers to support and grow the solution footprint for global distribution.
- Previous experience in retail IT environments, including; Olympus Sports – developing and delivering MIS and Merchandise Planning solutions, and IBM developing multiple head office applications.
- Education: Computer Information Systems BSc (Hons), Glasgow Caledonian University